08 March 2007

Great feedback from my reader


Today I receive such letter:

Hello Jaak,
On my search for a HD mediaplayer I found your Blog. The information really helped me. I wanted to buy the Helios X3000, but as I looked further I found the Ziova ClearStream. The Helios looks better, but the ClearStream has more options. See
http://www.ziova.com/cs505_specs.php
With regards, Marcel (from Holland)

I am glad, that my blog has been hepful and that I got valuable feedback.

Lets take a glance, who is the Ziova Corporation and what they have. They have only 2 main products, HD networked media players. HD only! They also have HDMI and Component cables in their product range.

They have 2 media player models, CS510 pure media player, CS505 media player with DVD.

Clearstream CS510 and CD505 highlights (listed only interesting features)
Pro's
  • HDMI and Component Video HD output
  • Plays MPEG2 and MPEG4 video up to 1080i
  • Plays WMV9 HD video up to 1080i
  • Streams UPnP
  • Streams directly from MS Windows Shares (no authentication)
  • Both wireless and 10/100 ethernet
  • Twonky media server included
  • Dolby Digital analog output included

Con's

  • CS505 model had DVD player, but no upscaling
  • 1080p is missing (I personally don't care)
Conclusion: Full-bred High Definition media receiver with good connectivity.

No comments: