07 April 2013

Sony 500 mm f8 Reflex Tele SAL-500F80





500mm f/8 Reflex Telephoto Lens, Model number: SAL-500F80
Its a prime telephoto lens, weighting just 700 grams. Low weight is possible due to reflex (mirror surface) design. Due to f 8.0, enough light is required and shutter speed is 1-2 stops longer than other non-reflex tele primes. It’s the world’s only super telephoto reflex lens with auto-focus capability.
SAL-500F80 makes pretty sharp photos, when subject stands still or camera does high ISO. Donut-shape bokeh is pretty characteristic to reflex lens. Some might not like it.
Main fact, it’s discontinued. But sometimes available in ebay for mere $600-700. I got mine there.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd most certainly donate to this brilliant blog! I guess for now i'll settle for
bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
I look forward to new updates and will share this website with my Facebook
group. Chat soon!

Also visit my site ... レイバンサングラス